Entrepreneurial International business couple with their four children ages 7 – 14.
4 estates: Greenwich Ct, USA (main residence), South of France, Turks and Caicos and London, England
• Personal Assistant (Greenwich Ct.) and another PA in London, England
• Several housekeepers, gardeners, drivers and chefs.
• Outside vendors for some services
You will be responsible in a hands-on way for the following:
• Directing and overseeing the inside the home services together with your team and encouraging high service standards; reporting to the principal daily
• Providing, as needed, the proper Butler persona and services in such duties as reception of guests, service at table, beverage and refreshment service and so forth.
• Performing detailed valet work- packing and unpacking. Preparing for travel and overseeing details in timely manner. Must keep on top of all wardrobe, medication, and amenities issues, with assistance from HK
• Direction and oversight of vendors.
• Oversight of vehicles
• Maintaining appropriate records, ordering supplies, following up on things that are needed at different times of the year.
• Communicating effectively with the Principals and the PA in ways that give them the information that they require along with the confidence that you are taking care of the details.
• Other duties as they evolve or become needed over time.
HOURS OF SERVICE:
The Butler / House Manager is on duty for 5 days per week on a flexible schedule to be worked out in advance with generally two consecutive days off, but with 24/7 availability . The employer attitude is supportive and cooperative and they highly value the service attitude that puts their needs at a premium. This means flexibility.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTER SKETCH:
The candidate should be a career oriented and professional with the skill set of the professional Butler. The main character trait is to be anticipatory and self-motivated.
Other traits include:
• Detail oriented and self-directed
• Someone with solid, long-standing butlering experience:
• Someone who has worked in a diplomat’s or business executive household preferred
• Someone who has not hopped from job to job, but has worked long periods of time at few employers
• Knowledge of general housekeeping standards
• Knowledge of proper care of silver, china, fine art, antiques, flower arranging, etc.
• Is proficient at table service – formal and informal
• Is proficient at wine service
• Has experience planning (and working) private events – both formal and informal
• Loves children and has experience working in a household with children
• Has had former valet or gentleman’s gentleman experience
• Someone who is self-assured, self-starter, secure in his training / experience, energetic, undaunted, flexible, happy; is not offended or daunted easily
• Someone who is loyal, committed, respectful
• Someone with experience managing a small staff
• Someone who dresses impeccably; has good fashion taste
• Someone with a true service heart who takes personal pride in a job well done and is committed to finishing the job, no matter what it takes
• A team player
• A gentleman
• Able to sign and adhere to confidentiality agreement.
• Must be able to drive
• Be of good background and willing to submit to pre-employment background, security and medical check.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the USA.
It would suit those who are happy with all the aspects of true service. You will find the principals friendly and easy to please as long as you have a good eye for detail and can think ahead.
Attractive accommodation (apartment) and Top salary on offer.
Please contact Sebastian Hirsch with your resume, a current photo and references at: