Great opportunity in Wheeling, West Virginia! Our client, a bishop is looking for a Personal Assistant to join the team.
The Personal Assistant will assist the principal with travel, personal communication, special event planning, and participate in certain liturgical events as part of the Bishop’s administration of the Diocese. Certain administrative duties involving the Bishop’s schedule and working with other Diocesan staff is required, as well as remaining discreet, honest and trustworthy. This employee will be at many times the first point of contact for the Bishop.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Receives and prioritizing telephone calls and mail.
• Support the Bishop in the appropriate dissemination of information.
• Work as liaison for the Bishop with clergy, lay, and public members to coordinate visits on behalf of the Bishop.
• Greets visitors in a hospitable manner in both office and residential settings.
• Keeps the Bishop’s schedule, itinerary and appointment calendar up- to- date and coordinates with the Bishop. Coordinate personal travel.
• Works collaboratively with other staff members and respect Diocesan structure.
• Composes and types assigned correspondence.
• Serve as personal shopper when needed.
• Plans and follow-up on specific functions or events such as meetings, conferences, etc.
• Maintains discreet and confidential information.
III. ADDITIONAL DUTIES:
• Prepares routine correspondence, i.e. birthday cards, Christmas cards, sympathy letters, etc.
• Assist Bishop when traveling, make travel arrangements such as plane fare, hotel, etc.
• Tracks expenditures.
• Assists Bishop with mobile technology.
• Serve as house manager when receiving guests.
• Coordinate activities with Diocesan leadership.
• If applicable, assist the Bishop during liturgies. This is an optional job duty that, if the candidate can perform, would greatly assist the Bishop, particularly at confirmations.
IV. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• No direct supervisory responsibility.
• Personal Assistant will check in and inspect work of the housekeepers from time to time as part of house management responsibilities.
V. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, demonstrates initiative and responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• High School graduate. College preferred.
• Working knowledge of Diocese.
• At least three years of experience as a personal assistant.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to follow directions and work well with others. Be a problem-solver.
• Knowledge of office equipment and understanding of sound basic office procedures.
• Prior use and understanding of computers and electronic equipment preferred.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Ability to multi-task and handle stressful situations from time to time.
VI. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Attractive accommodation (separate apartment) and Top salary on offer.
Please note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the USA.
Interested candidates who meet (or exceed) the needs of this wonderful opportunity should email Sebastian with full work history, a current photo and written references.