Engaged, energetic, and intellectual Canadian family seeks Roamschool Educator/Caregiver/Nanny for a once-in-a-lifetime two-year trip around the world with their 4- year old twin boys!
This family will embark on a worldwide adventure in late December 2021 / early January 2022 aboard a luxury residential cruise ship called The World.
They are searching for a dynamic and capable educator/caregiver to engage their boys academically, emotionally, socially, and recreationally during this 18-24 month journey.
Mom and dad are practical and down-to-earth people who value transparent communication, positive energy, flexibility, commitment, and initiative and seek a person who will foster a natural and loving bond with their twins and help them make the very most of this adventure.
As a family who values experience over material goods, they desire to instill an appreciation of global culture through extensive travel in their young boys, while also preparing them to enter a traditional land-based elementary school experience at age 6.
A genuine delight in preschoolers and their developing minds is an absolute must. Beyond that, the family seeks a natural, creative educator/caregiver who is flexible and easy-going, yet reliable and prepared; a self-starter, who can plan fun activities independently; a warm and kind disposition, but well-practiced at setting and maintaining firm boundaries; a comfortable, self-reliant traveler with common sense.
The ability to research ports of call ahead of time and create thoughtful, efficient and organized travel maps and itineraries around the best museums, parks, cultural activities, and events available at each destination is a huge plus. Someone with a creative streak and ideas for documenting this family adventure for and with the boys would be ideal. Because of the unique nature of this opportunity, this family will prefer a single candidate but will consider two separate candidates who would rotate on a “3 months on/3 months off” basis, or even a couple to optimally fill this position and attract top candidates.
This position is both luxurious and demanding. The amenities on this fully residential cruise ship are unparalleled and largely available to the educator/caregiver and the ports of call and activities are exceptional in opportunity and scope; however, a life of continuous travel far from home can be stressful; a flexible service mindset and ability to be happy far from home is critical.
- To provide the required childcare services to the family as described with a very high standard of care and service delivery;
- To put the absolute safety of the children first before all other responsibilities, and ensure that they are properly supervised when under the care of the educator/caregiver;
- To tend to the children’s basic needs such as dressing, personal hygiene, and meals;
- To prepare meals for the children, or when appropriate, to supervise their meals in a restaurant setting;
- To plan and lead activities with the children including educational activities, swimming, walks, playground outings, visiting local cultural attractions and reading to the children;
- To research and plan activities which have substantial value in emotional and intellectual development, developing social relationship skills and educational value. While travelling, this will include some destination research and logistics planning to optimize the children’s travel experiences; and
- To teach school-readiness skills through the delivery of a kindergarten curriculum that is focused on leveraging and cementing the travel experiences at hand. This need not be a formal curriculum, but should approximate core kindergarten experiences and ensure the boys meet age- appropriate milestones.
- The preference is for single candidates willing to take this job on full-time, however we are willing to consider two separate candidates who rotate on a “3 months on/3 months off” basis, or possibly even couples..
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in childhood education or related field
- At least 2 years experience in education, nannying or related field
- 2 professional and 1 personal reference
- Valid passport and driver’s license
- Verifiable documentation of complete FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccination and full coverage prior to departure
- A desire to travel extensively over the next 1-2 years
- The energy and physical fitness to keep up with 4-year old twin boys
- Special interest in music, sports, or languages that can be shared with the boys is a plus and preference will be given to proficient swimmers
- Collaborative, all-hands-on-deck spirit
- Gentle yet firm approach
- Available for 2-3 day trial visit on a live-in basis with the family on the Eastern Seaboard of the US in November / early December (all expenses paid).
Excellent compensation package including full room, board and travel expenses.
Full job description is available.
We will not consider any candidates for registration without verifiable references.
Interested candidates should email BUTLER FOR YOU / Sebastian Hirsch with full work history, a current photo and written references.
This role really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!