Private family in Washington, D.C. seeks experienced live-in professional Nanny to assist with the care of their 3 boys (6, 8, 10).
The chosen candidate should be able to anticipate proactively the needs of the children and family.
This position is 5-6 days a week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage life of children: wake-up, get off to school, meals when at home.
• Supervision of homework, management of calendar.
• Coordination of sports equipment and uniforms
• Bedtime if parents aren’t home.
• Driving to school/sports/etc.
• Coordination of playdates
• Supervision of hygiene (nails, teeth, hair, showers, etc.).
• Ensure house is picked up at end of day, groceries, some laundry.
• Other needs as they arise to ensure happy, smooth-running home.
• Require patience (no yelling!), love, upbeat attitude.
• Partnership with parents to have consistent rules and consequences.
• Ensuring the safety of the children at all times.
• Running errands and procuring children supplies as needed.
• Excellent references required from current and previous employers
• Minimum 1-year related experience working for private residences with children
• Academic Teaching, Childcare, Child Psychology background is a plus
• Certification in CPR & First Aid
• Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work independently
• Polished, poised, and professional
• Loyal and discreet
• Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
• Flexibility to work overtime, nights and weekends
• Valid driver’s license
• Valid United States work authorization
This is a live-in position with accommodation (fully furnished bedroom and bathroom) provided by the family in Washington, D.C.
Major holidays off – Christmas, New Year’s, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving. Also, the nanny will have off when family is on vacation (2-4 weeks per year). The boys are gone for the month of July, so very light month. Health insurance will be provided.
Start as soon as possible.
This is a full-time position. The salary is $75K-$90K but DOE.
Interested candidates who meet (or exceed) the needs of this wonderful opportunity should email Sebastian Hirsch with full work history, a current photo and written references at email@example.com
Due to the volume of employment applications received, BUTLER FOR YOU is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.