For our clients baby daughter, due in December 2015, we are looking for a full time, live-in maternity nanny.
We would like the nanny to start in early December.
About the family:
International couple – husband (from Cyprus) and the wife (from Germany) live between San Francisco and Alexander Valley in the wine country, about 1 hour and 15 min drive from the city. They are in the city from Sunday night to Wednesday or Thursday, and spend the long weekend in their country home.
The nanny would travel and back and forth with the family on a weekly basis.
In San Francisco, they will provide a room with bath and ‘office space’, accessible by a private entrance. In the wine country, you will live in a separate cottage, close to the main house.
They have no pets, but there are some farm animals (sheep, cats and chickens).
Other staff are cleaning ladies in both locations, so the nanny would not be asked to perform any household chores. The nanny is however required, to be in charge of all baby-related tasks, like sterilizing bottles etc…
Salary: Top compensation!
Weekly work days: 5-6 days
Language requirements: The family would like to hire a native German speaker (from Germany, Austria or Switzerland)
There will be national and international travels. The first ‘big’ trip will be in summer 2016, back home to Europe. The family plans will be staying about 6 weeks and will also travel within Europe. The nanny will be required to accompany the family and take care of the baby.
The nanny must have a valid and clean drivers licence/record and feel comfortable driving.
Requirements and character:
- Very experienced and comfortable with new borns
- Loving and caring
- Taking initiatives
- Team person and adapting easily to the family
Other tasks will be:
- Feeding by bottle and/or bringing the baby to the mother for nursing
- Burping and settling newborn back to sleep after feeding
- Helping to create a nurturing, stimulating environment for the baby during waking hours
- Documenting the baby’s patterns, including sleeping log and feeding and changing times
- Working hand in hand with 2 night nurses (already hired)
- Transitioning the baby to a regular feeding schedule when the time comes
- Formulating a sleep schedule
- Providing parental guidance and support
The nanny should be empathetic and be able to strengthen the relationship between mother and child. You should be confident and be able to deal with jealousy and fears.
Health and safety:
The nanny must be up to date with vaccinations and be in perfect health. Vaccinations required are:
Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP)
Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
Must be CPR certified and up to date. The nanny must be a good swimmer.
Interested candidates who meet (or exceed) the needs of this wonderful opportunity should email us with full work history, a current photo and written references at: email@example.com