A high-profile Chicago couple is seeking an experienced housekeeper (they already employ two housekeepers) for their main residence in Chicago, Illinois (approximately 15,000sq ft).
The Housekeeper is responsible for the overall cleanliness of the home and understands cleaning and caring for fine furnishings and surfaces, antiques, silver and artwork. You should be also proficient in the care of general laundry and delicate fabrics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Maintain meticulous appearance of the residence at all times
• Clean in accordance with the family’s routine and movement to ensure maximum privacy and minimum disruption
• Ensure all household items are cared for in an appropriate manner to ensure preservation
• Courteous, efficient and accurate handling of phones, messages, mail and deliveries
• Maintain care instructions and manufacturers’ recommendations file for all household items
• Capable of performing physical demands of the job (heavy lifting, climbing stairs, etc.)
• Maintain master inventories for all household items; conduct quarterly inventories to ensure prescribed par stocks are accurate
• Ability to operate and troubleshoot home automation systems
• Cultivate vendor relationships to foster reliability and consistency as a preferred client
• Ensure special cleaning schedules (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) are routinely performed and documented
• Responsible for light meal preparation if needed
• Any and all other requests made by the Director of Residences
• Experienced, highly-competent and detail-orientated
• Flexible, energetic, proactive and able to work in a household
• Self-starting, able to manage priorities and juggle multiple activities and projects
• Team player and willing to be hands-on
• Courteous, discreet and confidential
• Positive attitude and pleasant personality
• Willing to accept instruction and conform to employer’s preferences
• Exercises care while working to protect all household items and surfaces
The Housekeeper will work in all areas of the residence. This is a uniformed position.
The Housekeeper must have physical capabilities necessary for occasional heavy lifting and for walking up and down stairs.
The Housekeeper reports to the Director of Residences.
Schedule is typically 10:00am – 6:30pm with two days off per week. Flexibility with schedule is required when principals are in residence.
Interested candidates who meet (or exceed) the needs of this wonderful housekeeper opportunity in Chicago should email Sebastian Hirsch or Silvia Richter with full work history, a current photo and written references at firstname.lastname@example.org