A busy American Expat family in Singapore is looking for a full-time Household Manager and Family Assistant who will take full charge of their residence.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Helping and overseeing the live-in cleaners to go the extra step in terms of household organization, creating systems where necessary.
• Manage a busy schedule of three children (ages 5, 6, and 8), two parents, three tutors, three drivers, and two live-in helpers. Ensure everyone knows where they are going on a day-to-day basis, noting special occasions for school, sports events, etc.
• Financial management; overseeing household budgets, reporting, etc.
• Maintaining orderly operation and meticulous appearance of staff and systems
• Acting as gatekeeper for principals; liaising with staff as well as the landlord, vendors and contractors.
• Managing domestic staff; hiring, firing, training, scheduling, etc.
• Maintain inventory, insurance, and safe cleaning/storage for luxury items (art, handbags, jewelry, apparel).
• Collate mail and liaise closely with family office.
• Ensure house maintenance schedule meets servicing quality levels.
• Oversee daily meal service and assist with grocery lists, noting current meal trends based on gluten/dairy free.
• Able to play and interact with children; accompanying them to classes and events when needed.
• Manage the Wife’s schedule and social correspondences.
• Handling special requests, errands, and related duties
• Assist with event planning and execution.
Household consists of 2 parents, three children (ages 5, 6, and 8); two live-in domestic helpers from the Philippines; three live-out tutors from Singapore and China, three drivers, two vehicles, a large team of item-specific contractors/maintenance people, 1 dog.
Position is LIVE IN as per Singapore Law (unless candidate is a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident).
Pay: $75-100K USD / year, DOE
Benefits: International Health Insurance, all meals provided, transportation provided, international experience.
• Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience working in private homes
• Outstanding references from both current and previous employers; references will be checked
• A superb command of the English language, both written and oral, is required
• Excellent computer / technology skills
• Understands that the utmost in confidentiality and discretion is required
• Superior process-, project-, and time-management skills
• Strong analytic, communication and change management skills
• Low key, meticulous, personable and a self-starter
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be comfortable working in an environment with pets and children
• Flexible scheduling with availability to work overtime and weekends as needed
• Valid passport with flexibility to travel as needed
• Clean background check
Interested candidates who meet (or exceed) the needs of this wonderful opportunity in Singapore should email us with full work history, a current photo and written references.