Seeking a top-notch, discrete house manager to maintain smooth day-to-day operations of a busy, dynamic family (2 Adults and 2 Children aged 12.5 and 10 both boarding during term time).
- Hands on manage’ and keep the house,
- supervising and liaising with cleaners, gardeners and dog walker;
- run household errands
- look after two dogs (one very old and disabled);
- drive owners daily to and from nearby station and as necessary long journey pick-ups/drop-offs from/to the kids’ boarding schools;
- manage upkeep of 2-3 cars;
- occasional child supervision and care – mostly during summer holidays (which can be 4-5 weeks);
- help organise occasional parties liaising with caterers and other suppliers;
- liaise and manage builders, electricians, plumbers, chimney sweepers and other regular suppliers
Pets: Two dogs: English pointers; very loving and kind natured; one dog is old and disabled, so needs extra care whilst still around. Dog lover essential.
Size of Residence: Circa 10 bedrooms
Other Staff employed: Daily dog walker and weekly cleaners and gardeners.
Live-in or Live out position: Live-in ideally, though live-out possible if flexible to stay at the house when owners are away, live in accommodation is a room with a kitchenette and a bathroom, separate access.
This is a Mon-Fri role with very occasional help required at the weekend (to be agreed as and when needed) and may involve looking after the house when owners are away at weekend. The principals are often away on business or at the London residence.
- Must have previous experience working as a butler / house manager.
- Applicants should have a neat and polished appearance.
- Must exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in England.
Excellent salary and benefits, Mercedes saloon included with petrol paid for.
Timeline for hire is as soon as the right candidate is found.
Interested candidates who meet (or exceed) the needs of this wonderful opportunity should email Sebastian with full work history, a current photo and written references.