Seeking an experienced House Manager for Chelsea area in London England. Previous experience in semi-formal residence and service is a must. Minimum 5 years’ experience preferred. Excellent References required. Full time; Monday to Friday schedule, live out position, applicants should be flexible with schedules.
The position is responsible for managing the day to day affairs of the residence to maintain high standards and overall efficiency. Schedule is primarily weekdays although applicants should be flexible with schedules for evenings and weekends if necessary. This Principal is not in full time residency here so some slow periods will be available for projects etc. A team player who is willing to be hands on and resourceful, a spontaneous problem solver with a positive attitude.
- Greeting of guests and visitors.
- Day to day running of the residence to maintain standards and efficiency.
- Staff management for schedules and light participation with housekeeping.
- Strong cooking skills with emphasis on healthy meals
- Scheduling and supervision of trades and vendors.
- Calendar management for social, family and travel itineraries.
- Coordinate and assisting with event planning.
- Manage and monitor household inventory, budgets and monthly bills.
- Regular errands, receiving and sending of packages, general mail and correspondence.
- Responsible for household manuals and systems.
- Chauffeur duties for principal. Good knowledge of London streets required.
- Care and cleaning etc of Antiques – mostly Porcelain – very important to Principal.
- Must be flexible with work schedules and accommodating to being available as required by principal’s local and travel itinerary. Principal is not in Full time residence so able to work on own initiative.
- Applicants must have strong culinary skills for meal prep, menu plans and food & beverage service.
- Excellent time management, punctuality, multi-tasking and attention to detail with follow through from start to finish along with strong organizational skills are required.
- Excellent computer literacy, ability to multi-task with efficient time management and communication skills is a must.
- A polished professional who is flexible, self-motivated and energetic, who can work as a team player with existing staff in other residences and family offices.
- Must have a sense and respect of boundaries, exercise diplomacy and discretion.
- Must maintain privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- Must have a valid UK driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.K.
- Able to travel overseas if required
Salary & benefits will be dependent on previous experience and employment.
Please send your CV/resume, references and a current photo to Sebastian at [email protected]