We are looking for a highly experienced House Manager / Butler to start immediately. The clients main residence is a 6 storey house in London (Westminster), England. This is a live-in position.
General Duties to include:
* Overseeing the household staff. Dealing with holiday requests and temporary staff replacement.
* Dog friendly
* Knowledge of high social etiquette and formal service.
* Knowledge of proper maintenance for fine dining equipment.
* Receiving guests and family at the door and supervising the reception of visitors.
* Schedule and oversee household maintenance and other constructive duties.
* Assist with household inventory’s for insurance purposes.
* Arranging restaurants, concerts, events and trips as requested
* Assist with planning and organising parties and events in the home.
* Oversee and participate in proper table settings and entertainment preparation
* Silver Service
* Demonstrate knowledge of wines and oversee the wine cellar and liqueur inventory
* Liaising with other staff as needed
* Ability to drive in and outside of London
* Budgeting/expenses for the household
* Some basic cooking knowledge for emergencies
* Running general errands
* Driving in and around London
* Receive tradespersons and oversee activities of all service providers in the House
* Reporting to Employer damages to the house during and after any period of occupancy
* Seeking quotations for making good repairs and implementing repair works as instructed.
Financials and Management:
* Assembling all invoices received and sending them to Employer on a monthly basis
* Running and managing the various house expenses including petty cash and credit cards
Numbers in household: 2 adults, 1 child
Pets: 2 dogs
Other staff employed: 1 laundress, 1 housekeeper, 2 part time housekeepers
Live in position
Start date ASAP
Days: 5 days per week (flexible)
Weekend and evening work, any overtime can be taken in Lieu
Salary: Very competitive for right candidate.
Interested candidates who meet or exceed the needs of this wonderful opportunity in London (Westminster), England should email Sebastian Hirsch with full work history, a current photo and written references to firstname.lastname@example.org .