- Couple with multiple staffed homes mainly in Kuwait
- Tone and tenor of the home is semi formal
- They appreciate staff who are professional, respectful and discrete in manner
a big family home with 5 bedrooms,5 bathrooms + Swimming Area
The house has currently 15 staff:
7 maids, 2 drivers, 1 chef, 2 kitchen helper, 1 gardener and 2 Handymen
Regular contact and interaction with the principals. Butler / House manager role is very much focused on hands-on personal service to the family.
- Being involved in the overall smooth operation of the residence to a high standard while projecting a manner which promotes the feeling of calm and thoughtful graciousness.
- Serving meals to the family and guests.
- You should be able to oversee renovations
- Attending to the needs of the family and their guests in an intuitive and caring manner. Some of these activities include additional valet work, packing, shipping, ordering and the handling of other needs.
- Administration work, small and simple bookkeeping
- Being hands-on, pro-active and flexible at all times
- Coordinating and cooperating professionally with everyone at all times.
HOURS OF SERVICE:
Butler / House Manager will be on duty as needed, which requires a professional with a flexible attitude that makes the position more of a lifestyle of service based on mutual respect. Generally, 6-day week.
The ideal candidate should be a career-oriented traditional professional butler/house manager/estate manager. This is a busy hands-on position that will have long hours on some days.
The butler/house manager needs to have previous experience/training, be energetic and have excellent organizational skills. The main character trait is for the house manager to be anticipatory and self-motivated.
Other traits include:
- Highly detail oriented and self-directed
- Courteous, discreet, honest and responsible character
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Must have previous experience working as a butler / house manager
- Applicants should have a neat and polished appearance
- Must exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times
COMPENSATION AND TERMS:
- Salary is in the region of USD 80’000 – USD 95’000 per year – tax free!
- Accommodation: 1 bdr apartment nearby the family villa (10 min drive max)
- Health insurance
- Employer vehicle used for business
- 1 Economy ticket home once a year
- Vacation – 4 weeks
Mucking in is the way to go, so not too formal but knowing how to be when necessary. This post needs experience from quite a high level.
Please email your CV/resume along with verifiable references and a professional quality, up to date photo to Sebastian Hirsch at: email@example.com