Reporting to: Chairman’s residence Location: Amman, Jordan
Purpose of the position
We are looking to hire a highly professional and experienced House manager to oversee and supervise household operation, staff, budgets and accounts and external contractors.
Responsibilities & duties:
- Oversees the household staff of the Chairman residence
- Supervising the housekeeper and cleaning (includes advice on cleaning various materials)
- Running an efficient kitchen and maintaining inventory
- Supervising contractors, suppliers, and services (such as home renovations, landscaping, and catering)
- Supervising and managing Chauffeurs/Drivers and the fleet, ensuring maintenance and cleanliness
- Disciplining staff
- Oversees family packing and travel preparations.
- Taking Care of the Household
- Ensuring safety and security in the house
- Purchasing supplies and arranging for delivery
- Keeping household budgets and accounts
- Reception and looking after guests
- Answering the door
- Answering the telephone
- Preparing for overnight guests
- Organizing a formal dinner or banquet (including planning the event, seating arrangements, table settings, and supervising wait staff)
- Organizing other social events (dinner at a restaurant, receptions, large outdoor parties, etc.)
- Work experience & skills (including technical skills)
- Hotel / Office or Restaurant management and service skills. (More formal background or schooling depending on the household.)
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Able to supervise and train the existing staff along with recruiting as and when needed
- Responsible of household budgets and accounts as well as manage outside contractors.
- Broad knowledge of household items and their care.
- Good social skills and personnel management.
- Business and technology capability including computers and accounting.
- Leadership and motivation skills.
- Independent and team project management.
- Problem solving and “get it done” attitude. Very “hands-on” and ready to pitch in.
- Very resourceful, quickly learns the how and where to get things done in the local area.
- Negotiating and supervisory skills for outside contractors and other staff.
- Personal qualities & behavioural traits
- A positive and Can do attitude
- Ethical & professional approach
- Goal focused / result oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Able to handle stress
- Fluent in English (reading & writing) and clear speaking is a must.
- Flexible and able to work long hours if needed
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation is a professional salary based on experience.