Retired executive couple seek a domestic couple to assist with the operation and upkeep of their home in the beautiful Cowichan Valley; 40 mins north of Victoria on Vancouver Island.
The home is located on a hill-top in 17 acres of woodland. A separate furnished staff cottage is provided.
The owners are in residence from April to November, and occasionally the month of December, during which time the couple are expected to be available. While the owners are not in residence the couple are expected to work as required to maintain the property, look after the dogs, and take their 4 weeks vacation. The household operates as an informal family home on a day to day basis, with occasional more formal entertaining, and house guests.
Professional compensation with benefits.
- assist the owner with the upkeep of the house interior
- all cleaning, making beds, and dusting
- care and upkeep of antique furnishings/rugs
- all laundry and ironing
- setting and maintaining flower arrangements
- cooking a share of family meals
- assistance with entertaining — cooking, serving, and clean- up
- sharing in the shopping and provisioning of the house
- occasional help with grand child
- running of errands as required.
- up-keep of the house exterior and associated gardens and property
- maintenance of garden, and walking paths
- monitoring of property and identification maintenance issues
- occasional driving for owner
- snow clearing of garden and house-associated paths
- arranging and supervision of maintenance contractors as required
- cleaning of guttering, and power-washing as required
- monitoring and upkeep of septic, well, and water systems
- monitoring and arranging for maintenance and snow clearing of access road
- personally providing routine maintenance repairs as required (new house)
- maintaining supply of fire-wood from associated woodland
- setting and cleaning of fireplaces
- occasional assistance with the upkeep of family boat ( 41 ft Grand Banks)
- upkeep and exercise of family dogs in owners absence
- upkeep of family vehicles
- operation of utility ATV
- managing refuse disposal.
- Trustworthy, presentable and mature individuals with at least 5 years experience in similar positions
- positive and cheerful dispositions
- discreet and sensitive to security
- committed to long term positions — 5+ years
- flexible to work with the owners on how best to support the household
- qualified to work in Canada
- familiar with the upkeep of antique furnishings
- familiar with security systems
- no children
- pet by agreement
- child and dog friendly
- security clearance
- clean driving and criminal history
- driving licenses
Please send your CV together with a current photo and references to email@example.com