A wonderful new client of BUTLER FOR YOU (principle is a lovely lady) is looking for a mature, sensitive, detail oriented couple to help her live an independent life, and manage her homes in Hawaii and California, as well as travel semi regularly between Hawaii, and occasionally to California.
Our client is primarily based on Maui where she has a ten-acre estate, with a separate 3-bedroom cottage available for staff. The residence there was originally built to accommodate 3 generations under one roof with 7 bd, 4 baths.
With children now out of the nest, she lives there 4-5 months of the year and regularly utilizes approximately 2000 sqft of the house, including 2 bd and 2 bath.
Secondary Residence on Kauai: 2bd, 2 bath cottage with separate 1 bd Ohana for staff or guests. Approximately 2000sq ft in total.
Occasional Residence in Studio City, Los Angeles: 3 bd, 2.5 bath house. Approximately 2200sq ft.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
● Responsible for creating and maintaining a household filing system.
● Accompany to doctor’s appointments, keep track of appointments and
receipts, and schedule travel for upcoming appointments
● Daily house check: flowers, fruit, fridge: make sure everything is sparkling
● Daily light housekeeping
● Washing, ironing and maintaining the wardrobes and household linens
● In charge of making sure house is stocked with food and products
required for house maintenance/cleaning
● Grocery shopping and running errands
● Picking up prescriptions
● Helping to organize book group and other social events
● Packing and shipping returns
● Bonus: basic sewing knowledge, able to use sewing machine
● computer literate, able to assist with basic email correspondence.
● Bringing in mail
● Taking out rubbish and recycling
● Responsible for hiring and interfacing with a new housekeeper
● Clean kitchen and take out garbage nightly.
● Will cook a variety of simple food in advance for principal’s independent
use throughout the week, will clean up dinner nightly and will cook and
serve dinner 2-3x a week.
● Assist with coloring principal’s hair at home monthly, must have good
● House rabbits: (will be residing at the house for up to 6 months) change
rabbit litterboxes 2x weekly, prepare daily bunny salads in advance,
schedule and take them to grooming appointments 1-2x monthly. Be
willing to help principal brush bunnies 1x weekly.
● Dog: Our client will be adopting a 4 year old, house broken, toy poodle. Related duties will include assisting with care.
● Responsible for upkeep and service of automobiles and golf carts
● Landscape: Will oversee and work with small garden team on regular tree trimmings, mowings, scheduling terminix, powerwashing, oiling the deck, keeping barbecue and firepits fueled, pool cleaning and maintenance.
● General handyman skills
● Unpack and assemble furniture
● Interface with all gardening staff
● Taking recycling to facility
● Regular cleaning and maintenance of outdoor furniture and cushions
● Accompany and facilitate pleasure outings. ex) the beach.
○ Must be comfortable with the ocean
● Candidates are to maintain awareness of principal’s special needs due to motor nerve damage in left leg, and will help to facilitate comfort and ease in a variety of ways, such as, making sure there are always chairs near by to sit down on, not putting things on the highest shelf, being aware and mitigating tripping hazards, Furthermore, when about to use steps, automatically offer a hand for support, open and close doors, and carry heavy items.
● Principle is a writer, and needs the house to remain quiet. the correct
candidate will work discreetly and quietly.
● Ideal candidate has a high degree of emotional intelligence, is intuitive, pragmatic, and a self led problem solver. Warm natured, professional, hardworking, with high attention to detail and promotes a feeling of calm throughout the house.
● Should have experience working in remote/rural locations and understand the unique challenges that come with it.
● Neat and polished appearance
● Hands-on, proactive and flexible
● Challenges excite them
Numbers in Household (Adults, Kids):
2 house rabbits, 1 purebred toy poodle
Other Staff employed:
Charming and private 3 Bedroom/2 bath cottage with dishwasher, laundry facility, garden, and expansive covered lanai.
Monday – Friday, hours TBD with flexibility to work evenings and one weekend day a month.
Holidays and other benefits:
Two weeks year one, 4 weeks year two and onwards. Basic health
insurance provided through Kaiser Permanente or AlohaCare.
$140,000-$150,000 for excellent candidates, depending on experience
Regular Interisland travel with principal, and sometimes independently. Occasional travel to contiguous United States. Rare travel abroad.
English required, spanish speaking would be a bonus.
Must be a driver.
We would like to hear from all those who are used to working in large homes with at least 3 years experience and verifiable references.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the USA.
Interested candidates who meet (or exceed) the needs of this wonderful opportunity should email BUTLER FOR YOU / Sebastian Hirsch with full work history, a current photo and written references.