Domestic couple required to carry out the normal duties associated with top grade Guardian/Housekeeper couple.
The main house is a medium-sized luxury Villa of 320 m² located in a scenic setting in the south of France. The house has only four bedrooms and is mainly used by the owners as a retreat and is predominantly occupied by only two people with occasional guests.
The good-sized one-bedroom staff house is located around 500 m from the main house.
Whilst normal entertaining takes place during the peak summer months with a modest number of both staying and non-staying guests the owners, who are English, are reclusive by nature and prefer mainly to use the house as a private retreat.
Whilst the owners are in retreat mode they go out rarely and tend to remain in the Villa for most of the time. The Villa is currently used for 3 to 5 months of the year but the owners may choose to increase or decrease this.
The owners are very rarely in residence for more than 2 to 3 weeks at any one time without departing for a good number of days.
The house, although not large, is kept spotless and the owners expect the in-house staff to operate the Villa to the same cleanliness and presentation standards as a five-star hotel.
Principal duties to include:
• Cleaning to a very high standard.
• Carry out the laundry requirements of the Owners and Villa.
• Basic interior and exterior maintenance.
• Handyman type jobs.
• Basic gardening.
• Sweeping and cleaning of exterior terraces.
• Basic maintenance of the swimming pool.
• Basic maintenance of external furniture (teak oil)
• Keeping detailed and accurate records, house inventory and consumables lists.
• Writing and maintaining a house operations book listing all details of the day-to-day requirements and operating procedures of the estate.
• Food and beverage provisioning.
• Keeping an inventory of the wine/drinks cellar.
• Cooking /preparing three meals a day.
• Looking after the resident cat (owners pet).
• Basic maintenance and cleaning of vehicles based at Villa.
• Driving the owners and guests when required.
• Basic routine maintenance and liaison with all third party contractors for larger maintenance and improvement projects.
• Overall running of all aspects of the Villa’s upkeep and maintenance including liaison with all local third-party contractors.
• Generally running the Villa to a five-star hotel standard.
• Putting out all sun cushions and setting up all terraces daily and then putting away items again at night.
• Receiving of guests.
• Serving meals and drinks throughout the day.
• Carrying, unpacking and packing guests bags when required.
• Booking restaurants and other general arrangement requirements of owners and guests.
• Buying and arranging of flowers.
• Dressing of the Villa/exterior terraces for dinner parties and special occasions.
• Supervision of children and pets were required.
Ideal applicants should be:
2. Have an eye for detail!
3. Cat friendly.
5. Courteous and polite – understand service mentality and “front of house” image.
6. Fluent in English and French.
7. Smartly dressed and neatly turned out at all times in smart casual ware – preferably white shirt and dark trousers.
8. Competent at good quality home cooking (Italian style preferred).
9. Mechanically minded.
10. Able to carry out Handyman type jobs.
11. Competent at the upkeep, cleaning and maintenance of furniture and fabrics including liaison with outside specialists where required.
12. Experienced in a similar position.
13. Preferably between 30 and 50.
14. In possession of full driving licences.
15. Computer literate.
Use of a large, recently modernised, one-bedroom, staff apartment (house) of circa 150msq which is well separated from the main house. Staff accommodation has attractive views, three private terraces and a very large saloon with large real log burning fireplace. Apartment (house) has recently been completely refitted and redecorated with new kitchen, new bathroom, new air conditioning and new furniture.
Excellent compensation – dependent on experience, qualifications, suitability