This family require a German speaking Houseman / All-rounder for their property in central Frankfurt, Germany.
The property has other household staff who you would assist with their duties when required, and they would report to you.
The family are only in residence approx. 5 months per year and although a large residence, they are informal and don’t entertain on a large scale. The ideal person must be organised and capable of handling the administration side, setting up and maintaining systems,
but also willing to ‘muck in’ and help out when and where needed.
Hands on maintenance and repairs and sourcing reliable professional contractors when needed. Reporting to, and liaising closely with the family PA on all matters. Candidates must have previous experience in private households.
Your duties would include but would not be limited to:
- Responsibility for taking care of all small maintenance issues within the property
- Keeping all outdoor areas clean and maintained
- Assisting other household staff with cleaning and ad-hoc roles when needed
- Carrying out errands and shopping for the family
- Being aware of security in and around the property
- Being able to deal with electrical equipment and fix any issues
- Management of vehicles and Driving when required
- Experience in admin duties (banking, bill payment and control, ordering stock)
- Coordinating and supervising any construction projects
SKILLS – REQUIREMENTS
- Fluent oral and written German and English
- At least 5 years of experience in similar role
- Experience in working for international families
- Sufficient skills in cost management and computer skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Clean criminal record (copy required) and valid driving licence
- Monday to Friday 9 – 5pm, but flexibility to work extra hours when family in residence.
Salary DOE approx. 42,000 Euros per annum.
Candidates living in Frankfurt, or commutable region, will only be considered as no accommodation is offered.
Interested candidates who meet (or exceed) the needs of this wonderful opportunity should email Sebastian with full work history, a current photo and written references.