Mrs. is 85 and had a rewarding career as a Doctor. She is in generally good physical health and independent but has recently suffered a dramatic decline in cognitive function. She has lost her ability to walk or stand. She can move her arms and legs but is very week. Needs to be fed as she is not coordinated enough. She has 2 caretakers temporarily, and lives near her son who is managing this situation.
• The house is one story 3 bedroom 2-1/2 baths.
• Housekeeper at least weekly / and as needed if more is required
• Caretaker to cover for Nurse Companion time off
This position will be concerned with:
• Assisting her with wheel chair transfers, bathing, dressing
• Being companionable to her by sharing conversation and meals together.
• Driving to and from appointments
• Preparing meals.
• Ensuring medication is taken regularly
• Family liaison
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTER SKETCH
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a nursing background, be mature, and experienced with the elderly in a similar situation.
• Physically able to perform the duties of the position
• Compassionate and patient
• Honest, friendly and able to communicate well with members of the family.
• Be self-directed and confident with the ability to appreciate and understand Mrs.’s zone of privacy and personal style in order to be supportive, and available without hovering.
• Be well groomed, non-drug user, and willing to submit to a full pre-employment check to verify background, good credit and valid driver’s license.
• Non smoking
• Able to sign and adhere to confidentiality agreement
HOURS OF SERVICE:
• Flexible to meet the needs of the daily situation. Generally on duty 6 days
COMPENSATION AND TERMS:
• Top compensation package based on experience.
• Car will be available
Accommodation: This is a live in position. The client provides a bedroom and private bath.
Please send your resume ogether with a current photo and references to Sebastian at: firstname.lastname@example.org