You will work directly with a highly successful female entrepreneur and CEO, in the advertising and media industry. She needs the support of an experienced personal butler to oversee her multiple homes, two household staff, other part-time staff, numerous vendors, and her personal and other household needs.
Looking for a motivated, discrete, and reliable personal butler. You are proactive, energetic, detail-oriented, and able to anticipate the principals’ needs and provide exceptional service in a timely manner.
Qualified candidate works independently and can wear multiple hats and be hands-on to the ever-changing list of priorities.
Location: Based between Palm Beach, Florida (7 months) and The Hamptons & New York (5 months)
- Self-Motivated and proactive
- Excellent communication skills
- You anticipate needs
- “A type” personality.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Solution Orientated
- Not easily rattled or overly sensitive.
- Ability to manage projects and keep updated financial reporting.
- Enjoy negotiating – with vendors to keep costs down
- Fiscally responsible
- Possess a valid driver license (with good driving record)
- Can do attitude
- Comfortable with multi-tasking.
- You are naturally an organized person.
- Excellent communication skills
- Quiet and calm demeanor while around the home
Role / Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day staff working at multiple homes.
- Track and proactively manage home issues.
- Create efficient processes and drive internal initiatives across the homes
- Manage internal communications and collaborate with all internal and external household stakeholders.
- Complete oversight of principal’s home; maintaining consistency of standards, procedures, and services.
- Supervise and coordinate onsite activities and provides day-to-day direction of onsite staff.
- Prepare realistic plans to address needs and conduct regular walkthroughs and daily checklist.
- Demonstrate high-end design sensibilities and appreciation of aesthetic quality.
- Experience with handling and caring for fine art, fine furniture, and collectibles.
- Daily walk through of property (interior and exterior), ensuring principals aesthetics.
- Review and train staff (concierge-style attitude and discretion are key).
- Set the service standard and the hiring, training and ongoing management of staff required to meet the service needs of the family and property.
- Daily meetings with staff, task delegation, inspections of work multiple times a day.
- Act as a point of contact and gatekeeper for principals – providing updates on household activity, scheduled maintenance, and current state of staff.
- Organize, package, ship and receive deliveries and packages for household and principals.
Oversee & Management of Household Vendors
- Relevant experience working in private homes 10,000 sq. ft or larger.
- Superior project management skills.
- Strong project management skills to drive performance within the household
- Experience negotiating optimal solutions across cross-functional teams
- Clear and effective communicator via keyboard and in-person
- Experience working in a household and excellent verifiable reference.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be caring, professional, discrete and service-oriented.
- General understanding of household mechanical systems, appliances, technology and routine maintenance practices of these systems
- Low key, meticulous, personable character.
- Must drive and have a clean driving record.
- Willing to submit to a background check
- Computer skills are a must.
- Day to day (hands-on management)
- Vendor management across multiple homes
- Routinely inspect the properties (Palm Beach and Hamptons residences) for repairs needed and address them with vendors.
- Contact, screen, propose and oversee vendors. Compare multiple bids, track budget.
- Negotiate and manage contracts, supervise work and review invoices.
- Maintaining seasonal routines and procedures for the household interior and exterior needs: landscaping, window washing, power washing, etc.
- Work with, schedule, supervise and upkeep of maintenance schedules for household vendors: HVAC, electrician, plumbing, generator, well systems, etc.
- Possess a hands-on attitude – providing service when staff or vendors cannot.
- Coordinating vendors’ access to the property and following up with home maintenance issues.
- House management, running errands and light housekeeping as needed
- Schedule personal appointments. Calendar items forwarded by principals
- Dry cleaning, prescriptions, household supplies
- Serves meals, snacks, cocktails to the owners and their guests
- Cares for car maintenance related issues (registrations, inspections, coordinating detailing, etc)
- Keep inventory of household items (cleaning supplies, paper products, pharmacy items, etc.) and shop for them when need it
- Light cleaning and organization when needed. We have two housekeepers to do the detailed cleaning and laundry, however, we need someone who will be happy to assist when needed and help to keep common areas oganized.
- Keep the fridge stocked with homemade food: breakfast-lunch items like cut up fruits and veggies, salads, soups etc. Clear the fridge from old/expired items.
- Keep the pantry stocked with staples as well as making sure no items are expired.
- Frequent grocery shopping to different stores.
- Order and maintain personal stock for principals: toiletries, clothes, travel supplies, etc.
- Order and maintain household supply inventories: cleaning supplies, beverages, and snacks, etc.
- Prepares basic meals – lunch 5 days, dinner 2 times a week.
What Our Client Offers:
- Being part of a kind and successful family
- Very competitive salary
- Good vacation policy (3 weeks per year)
- Excellent Medical, dental and vision coverage
Interested candidates who meet (or exceed) the needs of this wonderful opportunity should email Sebastian Hirsch with full work history, a current photo and written references at firstname.lastname@example.org