Our client (2 adults & 3 dogs) maintains two residences within an hour away in NY’s Hudson Valley (90 min north NYC) and MA’s The Berkshires (130 miles from Boston).
They are looking for either a live-in or live-out Butler / Household Manager.
They need help in dealing with all the aspects of multiple properties maintenance, vendor relations and all the things that come with their properties.
This position can be live-in or commutable; at the present time the family will be mostly based in Berkshires,MA however, there is the option of living at the other property and commuting between the two.
Candidate would travel between various properties and destinations (when applicable certain domestic/international travel) where the family is staying and works from these locations & responsible for:
(i) maintaining a clean, organized, and meticulous home and ensuring that the home, logistics, and operations are running smoothly
(ii) meal service and packing/wardrobe
(iii) real time implementation of principal’s requests for all of the principal’s personal needs and comforts and
(iv) iv) supervision of vendors/hired staff (caterers/event planners/extra household staff when needed).
House Management Duties include:
• Daily survey of the home and the interiors of all the dwellings
• Ensure that each residence has a consistent feel
• Develop and maintain an interior cleaning schedule for regular and deep cleaning for all properties
• Oversee wardrobe maintenance /Laundry/Linens
• Ensure that homes are properly prepared and ready for the principal’s arrival; home should be meticulous and in working order prior to principal’s arrival
• Oversee that each residence is stocked with the principal’s desired toiletries, personal items, cleaning products or anything requested by the principal
• Oversee inventory of household items, personal products, office supplies, linen closets and ensure all inventories are organized and current; maintain electronic inventory
• Manage online accounts and returns; i.e. Amazon, etc.
• Organize storage areas and maintain inventory
• Shop for household items and run errands
• Drive/drop off & pick up principals to medical appts, other engagements.
• Represent principals in gracious manner when interacting with vendors, answering the phones and doors, taking messages, and receiving deliveries
• Assist principals with the care of the dogs
• Assist in coordination seasonal themes (Harvest Fall/Christmas/holiday themes) between properties Oversee exercise/activity equipment &maintenance/inventory, bicycles, tennis, pool items, skiis
• Work with principal to maintain standards in safety, emergency contacts, calling procedures, location of fire extinguishers, tour of home and dwellings, alarms, home systems, etc.
• Participate in interviewing new staff for when you are off duty (nights/weekends/holidays/sick)
• Assist in pack principal’s clothing and personal items and send in most efficient manner to destination prior to their arrival
• Create and maintain electronic packing inventory for each trip so it’s quick and easy to retrieve and review the items that were sent
• Unpack clothing and personal items and place items in the appropriate place for principal’s comfort
• Daily/weekly/monthly/yearly checklist are provided and shall be maintained and edited accordingly by candidate.
Hospitality Services include:
• Meal service: provide meal set-up, serve meals (formal and informal), and bartending services for family and guests
• Assist Principal create floral arrangements and installation of seasonal/holiday décor and themes
• Source unique gifts for gift program and ensure gift is presented/wrapped in thoughtful manner
• Assistant and maintain preference sheet for guests visits
• Provide personal and concierge services to guests and support for activities/events
• Oversee and manage guest arrivals/departures including special requests, food, etc.
• Events when applicable: House Manager will lead event execution and work closely with principal and/or hired staff (caterer/event planner) on organizing/executing events
- Similar experience as a butler / household manager with verifiable excellent references and adhere to background check and confidentiality agreement
- They appreciate and expect a candidate with a can-do, positive attitude, flexibility and good values; and must LOVE dogs!
- Valid and clean driver’s license
- Able to follow direction as well as work independently
- Ability to manage many tasks and multi-task
- Highly organized
- Applicants should have a neat and polished appearance.
- Must exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the USA
Monday – Friday, hours TBD with flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
Salary and Compensation:
$140,000 per year or more depending on experience
Health Benefits to be discussed
Paid Time Off
Interested candidates who meet (or exceed) the needs of this wonderful opportunity should email BUTLER FOR YOU / Sebastian Hirsch with full work history, a current photo and written references.