We require an enthusiastic and experienced Sous Chef specialising in Health & Nutrition to live in (this may include limited travel) with a Private Family in Doha, Qatar.
The Sous Chef will be required to assist the Head Chef and the other chefs in providing healthy and well balanced meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and help to create delicious recipes and suggestions for various occasions on a daily basis.
They must be adept at taking into account the clients dietary and allergen requirements. The chef must be experienced at working both independently and within part of a larger team, adapting easily to new people and situations.
The sous-chef must be hands on, assisting and covering for the other chefs and other members of the kitchen staff if they need assistance including food prep, cleaning and organising of your areas as required.
The candidate must be prepared to be very flexible – the position is for a 6 day working week. When travelling it may not be possible to take a day off, however this will be compensated by a day in lieu at another time.
• To assist the Head Chef with skilfully cooking delicious healthy and nutritious meals for the family and their guests. This would include breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner.
• To lead the kitchen team in the absence of the Head Chefs or to cover for the other chefs when they are away.
• To help plan and deliver quality menus to meet the needs of the Principal and his family, including factoring in allergies, dietary requirements and personal taste.
• To assist in food preparation, plating, service and overseeing other kitchen staff during service.
• Oversee and maintain a clean, safe and efficient working environment at all times. • Assist the Head Chef in stock maintenance and ordering duties.
• To assist the Head Chef in any capacity they require including staff meals, food preparation, kitchen organisation and leading the kitchen at certain mealtimes etc.
• Experience working at Sous Chef level in a professional kitchen environment.
• Proven experience working within the catering industry and decent health and nutritional experience and education.
• Ability to work well and calmly under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
• A good knowledge of different culinary styles.
• High level knowledge of Food Safety and kitchen Health and Safety.
• Ability to adapt to new people and environments, working independently and alongside other household staff members. You must be able to work as a team member and take direction.
• Very flexible attitude towards working hours and days.
CRB / DBS checked
Full clean driving licence
Full medical review required
High level of Training
No motion sickness
Start date: ASAP
Excellent salary package for the right candidate.
Please send your CV/resume together with a current photo and references.