Private Chef On Upper East Side in New York Wanted
Upper East Side, NYC
Live – out
Chairman of large publicly traded corporation
Park Ave. Residence
OTHER HOUSEHOLD STAFF:
Various service vendors as needed
DUTIES: In general the duties are
• Menu planning for 2 persons, provisioning, cooking and oversight of kitchen facilities in all 3 locations.
• Maintain kitchen facilities at the highest level of cleanliness.
• Chef is generally responsible for two family meals daily lunch and dinner with some additional preparation ahead for Chef's days off.
• Preparation of meals for staff on duty
• Interface with other staff in professional and helpful way at all times.
HOURS OF SERVICE:
• The Personal Chef will be on duty for 5 days per week with generally Sunday and Monday off. A typical day will begin in the late morning and end with dinner, which is served generally at 7:00 PM-often earlier.
• It is anticipated that the Personal Chef can organize the daily schedule to take care of the culinary requirements as noted above with the flexibility of scheduling his or her own time to get the work done.
• Most communication will be directly with the employers as it relates to food and service. For administrative and general oversight functions this position reports to the Butler.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• The salary will be appropriate to this professional position benefits
• Holidays, vacation, and sick days will also be part of the remuneration.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES SOUGHT:
• The Employer envisions that the ideal candidate will have the private service attitude, training and skills necessary to perform the duties noted above.
• 3 years experience working in a private residence for one family
• Character traits sought include self-confidence, ability to work independently and cooperatively with other staff and self-motivation.
• Strong skills in learning the employers tastes and catering to same in a constantly varying repertoire of menus and cooking styles.
• Of great importance is the ability and willingness to maintain the highest levels of sanitation.
• It is expected that the Personal Chef will be a flexible when the need arises, as it does occasionally in all private households. The desired attitude is mutual respect.
• There will be times when the Principals are not in residence or their requirements are limited. At these times it is expected that the Personal Chef will be cooperative when asked to assist other members of the staff on special projects.
More Butler Notes