Butler - Private Assistant - Man Friday Sought
We are looking for a talented Private Assistant/Man Friday for a charming and successful businessman based in Notting Hill.
This position is that of a modern day butler with tasks ranging from driving (1966 Bentley, a mini or a BMW) to travelling around the world, cleaning his shoes, walking his dog to choosing and caring for his wardrobe.
The gentleman has a family with a little girl aged 4 and 2 dogs. It is therefore vital that you be comfortable with children and animals as on the odd occasion may be required to muck in and walk the dogs and possibly even mind the daughter from time to time – although the family do currently have a nanny.
Flexibility in working hours is essential as is the freedom to travel accompanying the employer globally.
Hours: Mon- Fri, 9:30am – 7:00pm (flexibility to work longer is essential)
Location: Notting Hill (home) and W1 (office)
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000
Start Date: Immediate
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
A role conventionally for a chauffeur, butler, personal assistant and housekeeper
• Driving in a chauffeur capacity (Central London)
• Serving guests (silver service)
• Valet service
• Running errands
• Dog walking
• Personal shopping
• Small DIY jobs
• World travel (accompanying employer, sometimes at short notice)
Candidates must be / have:
• A completely flexible approach to work
• A full and clean driving licence
• Expert knowledge of London
• Strong communication skills
• A positive and cheerful personality
• A “can-do” attitude
• Absolute discretion
• Ability to cook would be a bonus
• A current passport
• The employer is described as a “charming, unconventional, dynamic English gentleman with a great sense of humour”. He is well read, well travelled and has a charismatic style to life & business. It is therefore important that the candidate’s personality is well suited to him as well as having the right skills for the job.
• 20 days holiday
• A creative and understanding employer
• Flexible working hours
• International travel
This role is not suitable for anyone wanting a rigid routine driven working structure.
View more current domestic staff job vacancies
More Butler Notes