Executive Housekeeper for Exclusive Lodge In The Swiss Alps Wanted
Executive Housekeeper - Lodge Assistant - Host for the winter season in the Swiss Alps Wanted
Interacting with clients, you must be happy, positive, sociable, with great interpersonal skills. The bespoke nature of the service provided and immaculate attention to detail requires a dedicated and flexible approach to each working day
Valid experience in the hospitality industry or client facing customer relations is important, your role is to manage a clean, safe and pleasant environment for guests and colleagues, whilst ensuring resources are effectively co-ordinated, you will support the General Manager and assists in the day to day running of the lodge
You will deputise the General Manager on their day off with the support of the other team members, a diverse and challenging role, you will be responsible for the 5 star standard of the lodge, ensuring that all the bedrooms and the public areas of the lodge are immaculately clean, beautifully presented and fully functional at all times. You will respond immediately to clients’ needs and requests.
You will also support each member of the team so that a world-class hospitality service is delivered to ensure unique and memorable holiday experiences for every client.
Warmth, friendliness and a genuine interest in people and their needs are a must in this role.
• Daily responsibility for cleanliness throughout the lodge.
• Daily in-room cleaning service: beds and bathrooms.
• Daily check and maintenance of all bedroom appliances.
• Organisation of lodge book, dvd, and toy libraries.
• Organisation of in-house lodge and client laundry service.
• Organisation of outsourced laundry service.
• Organisation of linen and laundry inventory.
• Management of linen/laundry replacement.
• Maintenance of buanderie, technical and staff rooms.
• Responsible for bed turndown service, including creative ideas.
• Toiletries, robes, slippers inventory with Spa Manager.
• Presentation of in-house marketing literature.
• Presentation of wine literature.
• Butler service for client luggage: unpacking/packing.
• Assistance with general kitchen chores, plating up and washing up.
• Formal meal set-up and service (to silver service level).
• Cocktail bar work and service.
• Hosting and event organisation (internal parties, special events).
• Concierge support for guests.
• Childcare support.
• Support of each member of the team.
• Maintenance of health and safety and hygiene standards.
Skills and experience:
• hospitality experience
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Meticulous eye for presentation and interior design
• Immaculate attention to detail
• Conversational French (preferred)
• Full, clean driving license (preferred)
• Ambassador for our lodge
• Passion for cleaning, hospitality, service, detail.
• Polite, professional, respectful, honest, courteous, discreet.
• Intuitive, anticipates guests’ needs.
• Motivated, energetic, dynamic, doer, quick thinker, uses initiative.
• Health and safety and hygiene.
• Attention to personal appearance, uniform and hygiene.
• Team-player: give support to all other team members.
Live In position: Twin accommodation – not sharing. Dvd&plasma provided
How many hours and days per week? 6 days/week. Approximately 8+ hours per day – split shifts. Few hours skiing during day. Time off in empty weeks
Salary? 3044 chf Gross plus share of tips plus end of season discretionary bonus 1000 chf related to performance.
Holidays and other bonuses? Accommodation, laundry, linen, food, beverages, seasonal ski pass, seasonal ski equipment, health insurance, share of tips, end of season bonus
Interview Arrangements: Skype or in Switzerland and London, UK.
More Butler Notes