Director of Property and Services In Cap Ferrat, France Required
The Principals are a Ukrainian couple. The principals are both very successful, each in their own right and aspire to continue and grow their philanthropic and personal pursuits.
• Oversight and management of property in France as well as coordination with yacht, aircraft and potentially other assets.
• This includes management regular and temporary staff
• Ensuring that the desired service delivery systems are functioning in a manner and at the level that meets the expectations of the principals
• Embracing the budget process and taking the lead to manage with careful financial oversight
• Communicating effectively with the employers or their appointed representatives to make certain that they are always well informed of the status of their property and any current or developing issues.
• To insure high-class maintenance of the property
• Household staff management and service control.
• Budget planning and control regarding all the property. The goal is always “value for money spent”.
• Property should be economically managed in a way that provides the owners and their guests with the expected comfortable experiences in an environment of employee competence, good morale and well maintained facilities.
• The Director of Property and Services will be keenly focused on the principal’s communications and expectations in order to ensure and maintain a system of service delivery to them that is anticipatory, efficient and timely.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. In addition, the successful Director of Property and Services will have the ability to work across cultural lines; to adapt and adjust with great speed and flexibility; to anticipate and address needs of the principals effectively. For this reason the potential candidate should have an experience working with: (a) families and (b) families from Western Europe, thus being able to comprehend all the nuances (and challenges) of this position.
• Professional service mindset that puts the employer’s expectations at a premium.
• Excellent language skills including French along with English proficiency.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with estate/property team members and the owners.
• Strong experience in the management of a significant staff, preferably on a private estate or very service-oriented resort or hotel property.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of luxury items, services and providers of same.
• Creative and intuitive thinking and problem solving.
• Solid personnel management and workflow management skills.
• Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and equipment and comfort with technology.
• Overall strong comfort level with computer usage and great familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
• Ability to prioritize and create flexible, responsive teams with high standards of excellence.
• Bachelor (4 year) degree from a University and 10+ years of management experience working in luxury homes and/or five star resort or equivalent hospitality setting.
• Clear background in all respects
• Be in a personal situation that will allow for great flexibility in terms of time to serve the employers needs.
More Butler Notes